What a week our family has had. The last week of August my grandma Frampton started having a lot of pain. When I would go down to my moms to get her lunch I could tell that she was hurting. She started taking more pain meds and she was still uncomfortable. On Saturday the 30th my mom called and told me that gram couldn't get out of bed. She was super sleepy and still in a lot of pain. On Saturday evening I went down to see her. She was able to wake up some and talk to me. We had a good chat about a lot of things. I was able to give her loves and kisses and tell her how much I loved her.
Throughout the next couple days mom kept me updated on grams. She said she was still in pain and was still super sleepy. On Monday she told me to come down to her house the next day and see her. On Tuesday when I got there I went in to see gram. She was sleeping. I leaned down to her and told her that we were here to see her and that I had brought the little kids with me. She wouldn't wake up at all. I sat by her bedside and held her hand and talked to her.
Unfortunately a few hours after getting to my moms house my grandma passed away. I have to look at the positives of the situation. I was able to be with her just minutes before she passed. She was able to pass away peacefully in the arms of her two daughters.
Life pretty much got turned upside down since then. Yesterday we had a beautiful viewing and funeral for her. She looked so good. The flowers were beautiful. After a 2 hour viewing we were able to say our last goodbyes to her and give her loves. It was so heartbreaking to see the hurt on the face of my kids. They were so sad to be saying goodbye to their great grandma. Then we had a beautiful funeral for her. The musical numbers were so pretty. My mom, aunt Carolyn, cousin Cami, cousin Rob, Shelby, and I were able to speak. The whole service was just a beautiful tribute to a special lady. Then we went to the cemetery.
The loss of my gram has been truly devastating. She was like my 2nd mother. I loved her so very much. She was one of the most wonderful woman that I knew. I thought so much of her and I know that she loved and cared for me. She has had a huge impact on my life and the life of my kids. I am so grateful for the wonderful memories we have of her. I am going to miss her terribly. I am so grateful for the knowledge of forever families. I love you gram!!



No comments:
Post a Comment