Monday, April 19, 2010

{ D-Day }

Due Date.......

Today was to be the day. April 19th.....the day I had been looking forward too since August. The day that (hopefully) would have marked the end of my pregnancy with a healthy little surprise! The day when 9 months of waiting would have been so worth it and the real fun would have started.

But today I sit with an empty womb and empty arms; both ache for that precious little boy. I am so thankful that I was able to have him for nearly 19 weeks. I am so thankful for the great surprise he gave us in August when I found out he was on his way. I am so thankful for the 9 week checkup when we saw the little flickering heartbeat. I am so thankful for the 14 week checkup when we we saw the little man moving around. And that precious little wave of the arm he gave us to say hi mom and dad I am here! I am so thankful for the few precious little movements I felt him give me.

I am so thankful for the way his delivery happened. It was very peaceful and serene and means so much to me and Tyson. I am so thankful that we were able to see him and memorize his sweet little perfect body. I am so thankful that he was able to be a part of my life for such a short time. I am so thankful that he is my son.

I am so thankful to have this gospel in my life. It is such a comfort to know that this little sweet boy is waiting for us in heaven and that he will be ours for the rest of eternity. I am so blessed to have him be apart of my eternal family.

Sweet little angel baby boy mommy loves you so so so so so so much. So much in fact that I could never fully explain the depths of my love for you. I know I will see you again soon and I will be able to hold you, kiss you, hug you, and tell you in person how much I love you. I miss you more than you can know and love you so so so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written. As my date quickly approaches I find myself feeling very anxious. I hope that it can come and go easily. I hope that you are able to find some peace through all of this. I hope that with some time you can try again and have a much better outcome. I am so sorry this had to happen. It is not fair, but you are looking at it through the right eyes.