I cannot believe it has been one full year! For the past few days I have been thinking about it and wondering how this actual day would affect me. I have been pretty emotional today. I have had happy and sad thoughts today. This experience of losing a child has impacted my life in more ways then one. My eyes have been truly opened. There is this whole world of baby loss out there that I never knew existed. I belong to a new group of women that I wish I didn't belong to. But having said that it has taught me so much and made me grow stronger.
Losing this little boy has made me realize just how precious life is. It has made me no longer take simple things....like having a healthy pregnancy.....for granted. I look at my husband and children in a new light. I am so thankful for the children I have here that I have been entrusted with to raise and love.
I am so grateful that the Lord entrusted me with his precious little spirit son for those short almost 19 weeks. I am so thankful that I was sealed in the temple with my husband and will be able to have my son once again. I know that he is in heaven looking down on me every day.
Today has been hard. I have smiled and cried. We all wrote our own little notes to our angel and tied them to balloons. We took our four balloons and released them to heaven for our angels birthday. The kids thought it was really neat to send their baby brother a birthday balloon and note in heaven. Here are a few pictures.


5 comments:
This made me cry. I am sorry you had to go through this whole experience, but I know you'll be able to touch a lot of lives because of what youve gained -- most importantly the lives of your other children. Knowing I had a little sister who'd gone on before us (SIDS at three weeks old), impacted my entire life. I try harder because of her. My whole family does. She's never forgotten, and as someone who has a sibling who passed away I just want to tell you what an amazing example your Angel baby can and will be to your own children. They will learn things from this experience as well.
Happy Birthday Sweet Angel Baby!!! I hope all your angel friend are throwing you a giant birthday party today!!!
Meagan I understand how difficult today must be. I honestly do not know what Dec. 29th will bring for me. All these emotions can be so confusing!!! I think you are doing a great job at remembering him today and he knows how much you love and miss him. I love that fact that you involved the kids in remembering him. It is so important that they know they had a little brother who was sent back to Heaven. Sending you all my love today!!!
That was a touching post. Hope everything continues to go well for you and this new baby and you can continue to heal for the loss of your sweet little boy!
I want to say so much...but sometimes I just don't know how to say it.
To sum it up I will say that I love you and your little Angel is so very lucky to have you as a Mom.
What a cute idea...I LOVE the balloons! I can't believe that it has been a year as well. It has gone by fast!
Post a Comment