Saturday, September 8, 2012

34 Weeks

Wow! I cannot believe that I am 34 weeks pregnant!  Honestly this pregnancy has flown by really fast for me.  It is kind of getting to the bitter sweet phase.  I am getting so uncomfortable.  My lower back and hips are killing me.  Trying to sleep and getting up to pee every 2 hours is getting really old.  I can't get comfortable.  Braxton Hicks have really picked up the past couple weeks and some cramping has joined them.  But on the upside this baby moves like crazy!  I love this part so so much.  I will miss it.  This is probably the last baby for us and I am trying really hard to enjoy this pregnancy and remember all the wonderful things that come along with it....like feeling the baby move.  But I am getting so uncomfortable that I am ready to have this baby in my arms.  It makes me sad to know that this is probably our last delivery.....the best part of pregnancy.  When that new sweet baby is laid on your chest.....I just hope that after its all over I feel comfort and peace and know that these are the 5 little spirits I was to bring into the world and our family is complete.

We had a doctors appt yesterday and things are great.  Every time we have the ultrasound this baby lets us see his/her face so perfectly!  I am in love with this sweet little face and can't wait to see it on the outside! 

I am finally feeling a bit more prepared for this baby to make his/her debut.  On Thursday Ty got out the pack and play and rearranged our room.  We pulled out the bouncy chair, blankets, burp clothes, and his/her clothes to get washed and ready.  Things are coming together it just doesn't seem real to me.

I am feeling more drawn towards boy things then girl things.  So I guess maybe I am leaning more towards this being a boy.  But it honestly doesn't matter....but Connor would sure be happy!

As far as old wives tales predicting boy or girl here are a few:

*Heart rate above 140 = girl.  This baby's heart rate is always above 140 so it says we are having a GIRL

*Carrying low and smaller = boy.  I definitely feel like I am carrying low so this one is BOY

*Mayan says mom age at conception and year of conception even # girl  I got an odd number so this says BOY

*Lots of acne = girl   I haven't had any acne BOY

*Salty cravings = boy and sweet cravings = girl  I have had both!  Salted nut rolls are sweet and salty so this one is a toss up!

*Gregorian calender which takes mothers birth year and baby's conception year says GIRL

*Gender predictor quiz online asking 15 different questions says BOY

*Chinese baby gender chart says BOY

*Baking Soda Test  You put baking soda in a cup and add some urine  If it bubbles like soda pop then its a boy nothing happens its a girl  Mine says GIRL

Only time will tell how accurate this gems are! I tried to upload a pic of me at 34 weeks but you lucked out and it wouldn't load! 



1 comment:

Ashley said...

You forgot to add that you have a phychic nephew that said its a boy :) I went by the chinese test on both mine and both said boy and was right. This has gone by super fast cant wait to meet the little "guy" when you come at christmas if not before :)