I had a dr. appointment on the 2nd and he checked me and I was dilated to 3cm and 40% effaced. He felt fairly confident that I would probably go in the next few days. I was cramping and just feeling uncomfortable the rest of the day. On the 3rd I woke up feeling about the same. Later in the afternoon I thought perhaps I was leaking amniotic fluid so at 4:00ish Ty and I went to the hospital. They checked me and I was not leaking fluid. I was still dilated to 3 but was now 50% effaced. They put me on the monitors for a while and I was contracting but it was anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes apart. So he sent me home and told me to come back if things got worse.
I went into the restroom to change and I saw water running down my leg. I was shocked! I said Ty I think my water really just broke....sure enough just walking back to the bed proved that! So that was at 7:00pm. At about 8:30 they checked me and I was 6cm. The contractions were definitely getting closer and stronger. I was still able to breath through them, but it was taking more concentration. I decided to get my epidural because I tend to dilate quickly. After having to have the epidural twice, the first one went into a blood vessel, I was starting to feel some relief. This was the best epidural I have ever had. It was just enough to take the edge off, but I completely felt everything! At about 9:30 or 9:45ish I was feeling a TON of pressure and had to close my eyes and really concentrate on not pushing. They checked me and I was complete and ready to go! I just had to wait for the doctor. When he finally got in there I was so relieved. I started pushing and 5 pushes later Mckenna made her debut at 10:17pm!!!!
This was my most emotional birth ever. I was so relieved that she was here safely. I am literally the happiest mommy on the whole planet! I was interested to see how "little" she was because she was only 37 weeks. Then I heard them say 7lbs 10oz and 19.5 inches long!!! Wow that is how much Connor weighed at 40 weeks! This little girl would have been a BIG girl had I carried her much longer!
I am so very blessed to have this sweet little girl in my life. She has made me so very happy. Sorry for the picture overload, but I think she is the cutest thing ever! By the way it was so worth it to not know her sex. It was awesome to hear the doc say Its a GIRL!!!!!












10 comments:
So sweet she looks just like Macie. And thats not even alot of pictures lol Glad all went well my epidural was the same with Logan took away the pain but still felt everything. So fun and I am so glad I got to help name her lol she is adorable and I cant wait to see her.And I love that you guys waited to find out the sex. I bet it was so exciting :)
Congrats! She's gorgeous and I'm SO happy for you!
So excited for you Megan. Can't wait to see her. Glad everything went well for you and glad she is here safe as well. CONGRATS!
What a beautiful Rainbow!!! I honestly can't wait to feel those emotions. I am sure this was the most amazing experience. I think it is so ironic that we both lost little angel baby boys and now we are getting girls. I just can't wait to come down and see her! Hopefully over Christmas break.
She is so cute. I am really missing that feeling of a new baby straight from heaven but don't think I've ready for another one. Enjoy her!!! Congrats and glad everything went so well!
She is the cutest little girl ever. I am glad she is here and healthy. congrats again
Congrats to all of you! What a beautiful addition to your already amazing family!
I cannot wait to meet her :)
Love you guys!
Congrates! She is beautiful!
She is adorable I am so happy for you. I know how scary it is after your loss. I am so happy she is here and all is well. All of your kids are so cute.
She is adorable! Congratulations to you and Tyson! I am so happy for you guys and so happy that she made it here safe and sound. BTW...very cute name, I LOVE it! Did you guys have some boy and girl names picked out before hand? Again, CONGRATS!!!!
Post a Comment