The first part of November was a sick one for my kiddos. Mckenna started first and had a fever on and off for 5 days. She wasn't super sick, but had moments of definately not feeling well. Connor and Macie both had fevers for a few days.
Callie fevered for about 5 days as well. It didn't get super bad until day 4 and 5. The 4th night she was moaning and crying out in her bed, so I brought her into sleep with me and Ty. She was miserable and frying all night long. The next day she was supposed to have a well-child checkup with Dr. B and it turned into a sick appointment. When we got to the clinic she was weighed and only came in at 22 lbs. Her temperature was 103. Dr. B found an ear infection in one of her ears. He was worried about her hydration and so he sent us over to the hospital for some fluids.
When they put in her IV she was so brave. She whimpered a little bit, but never really cried. I was so proud of her. We were there for about 5 hours and she got 3 bags of fluid. He finally let her leave when she drank some pedialyte out of a sippy. The kids were so happy to have her home. She was still pretty out of it and so she slept with Ty and I again that night.
By the next day I could tell she was feeling better, although not 100%. It took her a couple of days to finally be totally fine. It got really scary there for a minute and I am so grateful for a good Dr. who knew just what to do.
I just got my bill for this whole fiasco yesterday. The total was a little over $1100. My insurance paid a whopping $112. So I now have an almost $1000 hospital bill to pay :( Thank goodness for insurance! HAHAHAHAHA










No comments:
Post a Comment