Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Super Reader!!

This is kind of a brag about Macie!  She loves to read!  She read all summer long and yesterday at school got her certificate and became a member of the Royal Order of the Golden Chipmunk!  She also earned $15 bucks by completing all her summer reading.  We also just had parent teacher conferences.  On one of her reading tests the kids should be at a 57...well Macie was 125!!  I am so proud of her.  She is such an excellent reader and super smart student!!

On a side note we have been battling the devilish Rotovirus at our house.  I think that Macie and Connor had it for like half a day, but poor little Mckenna had it for 5 days!  She started with diarrhea for a couple of days and then for 2 days could not keep anything down.  She was one sick little girl.  It was horrible for the two of us.  My heart just aches when my kids are sick, but it seems so much worse for a baby and especially when you can tell she is so thirsty but every thing she drinks comes back up.  Thankfully we are all healthy and happy once again!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry! We all had the 24 hour version, except poor Isaac who ended up sick way longer. Like it's not bad enough they're so little, then they have to get even SICKER!? So unfair!
And congrats to your super reader! Love it!

Ashley said...

Thats awesome I wish that they did little things like that for Dallin. They just make him do all the reading in class cuz he is pretty much the only one that knows how to read. He also loves to read and reads everything thats in front of him. He is about 1/4 way thru the book of mormon and I cant even pronounce some of those words lol Thats so good that she has a love of reading. It will be so helpful to her when she is older :) Sorry about the sickness. The weather changes and it hits everyone. I swear everyone I talk to has sick kids... Yuck hope they all get better soon :)